Mouse commercial

Here’s my latest national commercial for D-Con(you can see the two different spots in the Youtube clip). My friend Amy spied this write-up in an advertising blog where it notes I have “intense rodent acting chops”(hah!):

http://www.shelktone.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/digg_24.png http://www.shelktone.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/delicious_24.png http://www.shelktone.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/technorati_24.png http://www.shelktone.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/sociofluid/images/facebook_24.png

Trackback URL

35 Comments on "Mouse commercial"

1. Poppy
    04/11/2009 at 3:43 pm Permalink

Love your new d con commercials! Are they planning any more of these?

2. Nate
    04/11/2009 at 4:21 pm Permalink

just the two for now… but who knows?? fingers crossed!

3. Court
    09/11/2009 at 7:42 pm Permalink

Hilarious!! I love these two commercials, they’re my favorite. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Can’t stop laughing!! You’re face is awesome!! :D

4. Mir
    14/11/2009 at 9:28 am Permalink

HILARIOUS! Good job!

5. Nate
    14/11/2009 at 5:57 pm Permalink

thanks mir and court for the mouse love! i appreciate it!

6. Kayla
    14/11/2009 at 6:46 pm Permalink

Nice mouse commerical. I loved it!

Kayla

7. Dandelion
    29/11/2009 at 10:14 pm Permalink

Love these mouse commercials! Hilarious!! So hilarious that I just spent the last 15 minutes on google trying to figure out who played the mouse and finally found your name and your website. I’m going to check out the rest of your stuff.

8. Alex (20)
    06/12/2009 at 2:10 am Permalink

Okay I saw this commercial about a month ago and literally started crying from laughter. I was so excited when I saw it again last night! It’s hard to find commercials that are ACTUALLY funny these days. Great job!

9. Kristin
    11/12/2009 at 11:28 am Permalink

Seriously, I hate watching commercials… However I am quite amused when yours come on. I hope you can be in more. You’re hilarious! :D

10. Kimmie
    12/12/2009 at 5:37 pm Permalink

I’ve seen those commercials dozens of times and I still laugh at the smug look on your face! Do another.

11. Linda
    15/12/2009 at 8:16 am Permalink

I’ve all ready written you once. I see from your bio that you have a lot of improv experience. That explains how you managed to inhabit the mouse role so cunningly and deliciously…PS The actor who leads off with “You disgust me” looks like she is trying very hard not to break out laughing. How many takes?

12. Tita
    20/12/2009 at 3:55 pm Permalink

You have captured the hardcore attitude of the mice that have overrun the Trenton, NJ Justice complex (where I work), exactly. In fact, I suspect you are their leader.
    It’s bad enough they gnaw through the rubbermaid and piddle in what they don’t finish, but sleeping in my boot HAS GOT TO STOP!

Make your people GO.

But seriously, I enjoy the hell out of your commercials. And the bit about rodentia in the state capital is sadly true.

Stay visible, you’re funny.

13. ppcasm
    30/12/2009 at 8:35 pm Permalink

The chicks are diggin’ the new mouse commercial. It’s getting reviews as one of the best T.V commercials of all time………… let’s hope Kanye West doesn’t interrupt you. :D

14. Martin Conley
    15/01/2010 at 3:32 pm Permalink

One of the best deliveries I have ever seen, so much for so little. We’ve watched it on utube so many time now I’ve got my 5 year old telling me “she understands what I’m saying but that doesnt mean she respects ittttttttt…………….Awesome Nate! I never thought about DCon before but now I’m going to buy at least two of them!

15. bun
    27/10/2010 at 8:45 pm Permalink

Outstanding work! What agency were you working with?

16. Lynn
    14/11/2010 at 10:39 pm Permalink

Hahaha! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these commercials! Hope you get plenty of more work for D Con!

17. ROBERT
    25/11/2010 at 3:57 pm Permalink

Hi Nate,
    May I ask how you got the Gig of playing the D-Con Mouse?
    Who is your agent?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Robert

18. Prometheus
    01/12/2010 at 3:55 pm Permalink

These are my favorite commercials, and Nate, you absolutely nailed it for me.
    I look forward to seeing more of you as I am certain that there are others that feel as I do.

19. Mary Jane
    08/12/2010 at 11:01 pm Permalink

Hi Nate,

You are one funny guy! Your delivery in both of the current commercials is priceless. Kudos also to the ad agency folks who came up with the ads; hope you all join forces again soon for some more spots.

20. Helga1958
    09/12/2010 at 1:04 pm Permalink

Love the ads. Hope you’ll be around the Detroit area because I’d love to see your stand up, not because it’s home to rats.

21. JSH
    12/12/2010 at 6:25 am Permalink

These are the best commercials running. Love them!

22. Kebrigs
    27/12/2010 at 12:10 pm Permalink

Hi Nate,

Would you believe we are still going on about these commercials? My brother and I stop whatever we are doing and run into the living room when one comes on. That wouldn’t be that unusual since the commercials are hilarious, but my brother and I are 36 and 41 years old!!
    Keep up the great work- we look forward to seeing more of you in the future!!

23. Bethany
    12/09/2011 at 3:12 am Permalink

please tell me where i can get that mouse costume … that is all i want to be this year for halloween !!!! please help me :)

24. Sandy
    22/09/2011 at 7:57 pm Permalink

I loved the “prove it” commercial the first time I saw it…especially the last 2 seconds when you “open” your eyes widely for emphasis…too damn funny. Doesn’t play often enough…have to google it a few times a day….then I had to find out who you were..god bless google…just type in “who plays the mouse in the dcon commercial” and it brought me right here…you are hysterical (and “hot”)..good luck…hope to see you a lot more often.

25. Nate
    27/09/2011 at 1:47 pm Permalink

thanks guys! bethany: unfortunately, i don’t know where you can get the mouse costume. i asked for it but they wouldn’t let me keep it!

26. Todd
    04/10/2011 at 8:33 am Permalink

These commercials are awesome and the guy playing the mouse is creepy and cool at the same time!

27. Brett
    07/10/2011 at 5:01 am Permalink

Just saw these ads on tv and had to look up the d-con “prove it” mouse. You are absolutely hilarious! Great job!

28. Heidi
    26/10/2011 at 8:12 am Permalink

Nate,

Every time I see this ad I tell myself I’ve got to let someone know it makes me laugh EVERY time! Best commercial out there thanks to you!

29. Chris
    28/11/2011 at 11:15 am Permalink

One of the creepiest commercials in recent memory (“You Disgust Me”). Your acting is great, it’s the subtext of the scene and visuals that raises one’s neckhairs. Is the woman pregnant? The camera angle as she looks you over can be read that way. That and the peanut butter sandwich stuff. Are you coming on to her? That goofy open-mouth look at the end sort of suggests it – along with the dialogue of the whole commercial, which reads like some terse exchange between a woman and her latest boy toy who has outstayed his welcome. It’s a brilliant spot, but definitely has a major creep factor. Great work!

30. Debra
    15/12/2011 at 4:12 pm Permalink

SO!! You’re the one in the costume! Haha! I’ve seen these commercials so many times I’ve lost count, yet a laugh so hard every time I view them. You’re facial expressions right after you say “Prooove it” and “But it doesn’t mean I respect iiiit”, are PRICELESS!! Your eyes get big and round hahahaha!

31. Debra
    10/11/2012 at 12:21 pm Permalink

My husband & I DVR, rewind & watch your commercials over & over! NEVER stops being hilarious! You MAKE that mouse! What terrific acting! You have EARNED that mouse suit! You put d-CON on the map! Would love to see you in TV– and will be watching for you! You could make amazing sit-coms, made-for-tv movies, and great comedy movies! See you soon, we hope!

32. Jimbo
    12/11/2012 at 4:57 pm Permalink

Who is the actress? It looks like Jenni Blogg.

33. Babs Marquez
    20/09/2013 at 9:34 pm Permalink

There are not very many commercials at all worth watching. But this is definitely one of my favorites !!! So damn funny. It just started playing again, I hadn’t seen if for a couple years, and I still laughed my butt off.

34. dangermatt
    14/11/2013 at 8:52 pm Permalink

Awesome job. That proove it commercial cracks me up no matter what kind of day I am having.

35. nadine noriego
    17/12/2013 at 3:30 pm Permalink

YOU’RE SO FUNNY! Everytime I see that commercial I CRACK UP SOMETHING AWFUL!

Hi Stranger, leave a comment: